- This event has passed.
7 Sessions of Online Teachings & Meditations requested by the Queenstown Dharma Centre
April 9, 2021 @ 3:00 pm – May 1, 2021 @ 3:00 pm
Unfolding Confidence in Dharma: the Path of Freedom
Since everything we experience and think about is formed in our mind, if we want lasting freedom, we need to come to know mind: innate freedom and luminous compassion. This is the Dharma. Over a two month period, Lama Mark will be giving teachings and directing meditations for practitioners at the Queenstown Dharma Centre. He will begin with exploring what is Buddha Dharma and how we generally unfold through many paths, levels, understandings and liberative experiences. The Dharma has over two thousand years of tradition, including the Buddha and hundreds of thousands of practitioner’s awakening experiences, teachings and meditations for every type of person. That can be confusing! Here, we are going to explore the essential threads or the core of the Dharma, both through understanding, then meditative practice. Lama Mark will use as a guide, one of the most extraordinary and authoritative texts; Nagarjuna’s Bodhicittavivarana*—A commentary on the Awakening Mind. The sessions are for all levels of understanding and meditative experience.
Dates: April 9 & 10 – April 16 & 17 – April 30 & May 1 @ 3pm PDT (GMT-7)(One day later for New Zealanders)
Teachings and Meditations on Emptiness and Great Love:
- The importance of understanding emptiness and unfolding compassion: bodhicitta
- What is essential to gather and accomplish to awaken? Merit and Wisdom
- We will continue to use Nagarjuna’s famous text: the Bodhicittavivarana – A commentary on the Awakening Mind. Download here>>
- Bodhicittavivarana – A Commentary on the Awakening Mind by Nagarjuna- Translation by Thupten Jinpa: Download here>>
- Nagarjuna Bodhicittavivarana – 3 translations spreadsheet: Download here>>
- Buddhahood without Meditation-Dudjom Lingpa-Excerpt on Nature of Mind: Download here>>
- Paticca-samuppada-vibhanga Sutta_ Analysis of Dependent Co-arising: Download here>>
- Dependant Origination: Download here>>
- Prayer Booklet (Containing Preliminaries): Download here>>
- Dedication and Aspiration expressing the Three-cycles of the Buddha’s teachings-LMW: Download here>>
Zoom Link: here>>
Class 1: What is Dharma? – Lama Mark Webber- March 19, 2021
Class 2: A Commentary on the Awakening Mind by Nagarjuna – Lama Mark Webber – April 9, 2021
Class 3: A Commentary on the Awakening Mind by Nagarjuna – Lama Mark Webber – April 10, 2021
Class 4: A Commentary on the Awakening Mind by Nagarjuna – Lama Mark Webber – April 16, 2021
Class 5: A Commentary on the Awakening Mind by Nagarjuna – Lama Mark Webber – April 17, 2021
Class 6: A Commentary on the Awakening Mind by Nagarjuna – Lama Mark Webber – April 30, 2021
Class 7: A Commentary on the Awakening Mind by Nagarjuna – Lama Mark Webber – May 1, 2021
Lama Mark Webber (Lama Yongdu Chokyi Gyaltsen) has been studying and teaching Buddha-dharma for forty-five years. For thirty years his main root teacher was the great Ven. Namgyal Rinpoche who taught all three cycles of the Buddha’s teachings, including Abhidhamma, and Vipassana in the lineage of Mahasi Sayadaw, generation and completion stage practices of the Tantrayana and Mahamudra/Dzogchen of many lineages, especially of the Karma Kagyu and Sakya. More recently under the guidance and request of Drikung Lho Ontul Rinpoche, Lama Mark has been principally teaching the richness of the Drikung Mahamudra and Drikung Yangzab Dzogchen traditions.
Lama Mark has a deep and long term interest and collaboration in a number of scientific fields and the arts which he integrates with the teaching of Buddhism.
His compassionate activities demonstrate a profound commitment to freeing beings from innumerable suffering states. Through clarity, joy and humour Lama Mark’s emphasis with practitioners and students is on uncovering pure Dharma to reveal its extraordinary benefits and share the great love of its deep study, meditative practices and integration into all aspects of our lives.