- This event has passed.
Unfolding Confidence in Profound Intent
February 1 @ 7:00 pm - February 25 @ 9:00 pm UTC-8
2019 Teachings in Queenstown With Lama Mark Webber February 1 to February 25, 2019 (3 weeks) The main theme of February’s teachings and guidance by Lama Mark Webber is unfolding confidence in Profound Intent. Mental intent shapes what we do, what we say and what we think about. By giving a wide range of teachings, transmissions and meditations for those new to Buddha-dharma and for those very experienced, we learn how to shift from unwholesome intent, good intent, beatific intent to utterly profound intent. Utterly profound intent is recognizing the unity of naturally unobstructed mind and infinite compassion—called bodhicitta.
- Friday Feb. 1st. What is Buddhist Meditation? 7:00 pm.
- Saturday Feb. 2nd and Sunday Feb. 3. Bodhicitta: Generating the Enlightened Mind of Profound Intent:The Thirty-Seven Practices of Bodhisattvas by Thogme Zangpo. 4 classes at 10:00am -12:00pm & 2:30 – 4:30 pm.
- Tuesday February 5th. Padmasambhava Empowerment of Longevity and Deathlessness.7:00pm.
- Wednesday February 6th.Morning and evening practice sessions of Amitayus yab-yum longevity and deathlessness.9:00am and 7:00 pm sessions.
- Friday Feb. 8th, 7:00 pm. Unifying Mindfulness Meditation and Profound Intent.
- Saturday February 8 & Sunday February 10. Meditations and Contemplations, the Unity of Emptiness and Compassion: Nagarjuna’s text of the Bodhicittavivarana—A commentary on the Awakening Mind.Transmission and explanations. 4 classes at 10:00am -12:00pm & 2:30 – 4:30 pm.
- Tuesday Feb 12th. Torma Empowerment of the Three Roots.7:00 pm.
- Wednesday Feb 13th. Practice sessions of the Three Roots. 9:00am and 7:00 pm.
- Friday Feb. 15th. Opening the Treasury of the Profound Intent: the importance of Dedication and Aspiration. 7:00 pm.
- Saturday February 16th. The Mahamudra: Special Insight into Mind’s Nature. Start of an Eight Day Urban Retreat. The Saturday classes are open to the public. 10:00am -12:00pm & 2:30 – 4:30 pm.
- Sunday February 17th to Saturday February 23rd.Seven day Mahamudra Urban Retreat.Practice and teachings times to be announced.
- Sunday February 24th.Empowerment of Namgyal followed by community feast (Tsok).Sunday 4:00pm to 6:30 pm.
- Monday February 25th. Namgyal Guru Yoga Practice, instruction and practice.7:00 pm.