- This event has passed.
A Dharma, Diving and Natural History Course, Honduras
February 22, 2014 – March 4, 2014 UTC-8
Course: Lama Mark will be giving daily classes in Dharma & meditation through the ‘eyes’ and practice of natural history. In addition he will give practical introductions to coral reef biology. Most mornings we will get together for a group dive or two and or snorkel. Then we break for lunch, later in the afternoon come together for a Dharma talk followed by a visit to the microscopes for explorations into the extraordinary micro-life on the coral reef.
Accomodation: Clarity, spaciousness, awareness, pristine wild and exotic marine life, white sand beaches and beautiful tropical waters are here at the Cayos marine Reserve. Accomodation is available at the Turtle Bay Eco Resort. The resort is close to where Lama Mark is residing and teaching. It is accessible by a quick boat ride, walking, a swim or by kayak.
There are 7 rooms and 3 different types of accommodations at Turtle Bay Resort:
- Standard Lodge rooms $1070 per person double occupancy (2 available)
- Ocean View rooms $1284 per person double occupancy (3 available)
- Deluxe hill side rooms $1641 per person double occupancy (2 available)
Single supplement is +40%
Photos of the accommodations can be found on web page.
All participants in the Dharma and Diving Course can arrange to arrive early or stay longer than the scheduled 10 days.
Included in your package is:
- Accommodation of your choice for 10 nights
- Private hot showers with all amenities such as towels, eco friendly shampoo and soap
- Three meals per day including snacks, coffee, tea and filtered water
- Snorkel equipment including mask, snorkel and fins
- Use of resort’s hiking trails and access to hiking guides
- WiFi in the common areas such as the bar and restaurant
- Access to laundry
- Complimentary welcome drink
- A guided tour of Chachuate to visit the local Garifuna community
- Picnic and day trip to Sand Cay
- one night in La Ceiba (approximately $40)
- transfer to and from the island (approximately $100 round trip)
- $10 marine park entrance fee
- 16% Honduran sales tax
- service charge and gratuities
- scuba diving, rental equipment and dive courses
- $175 suggested donation for Lama Mark’s airfare
- $35 material cost for teaching materials and handouts
- Dana for Lama Mark
Scuba diving prices:
- a la carte diving $40 per dive
- 7 dive package $240
- 11 dive package $320
- 13 dive package $400
- 16 dive package $460
- unlimited dive package $500 per week
- unlimited snorkeling aboard dive boat $99 per person per week
Scuba equipment rental is $150 per week or $35 per day including wetsuit.
Turtle Bay has several very good and experienced dive instructors that will be available if you care to get certified or improve your diving skills. Check their web page for programs.
Send inquiries and a request to attend to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendance by application.
All prices are in US dollars.Please note the the nearest airport is in La Ceiba and you will need to arrive one day early. On the return, do not book flights before 9 am on the last day of the retreat. The nearest international airport is in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. Ground transportation can be arranged to La Ceiba.
Cayos Cochinos Marine Reserve, Bay Islands of Honduras